If you have just begun your shopping search for lights in your home you will no doubt be aware of the mass amount of choice there is today on the market. It is not simply a case of what colour light shade to buy it is a case of what type, style, design, and fashion. Here is a look at the top 10 lighting fixtures to help you on your way.
1. Chandeliers – chandeliers are the queen of light fixtures because they are so grand and magnificent. Chandeliers look fantastic in high ceiling dinning rooms and living rooms, and large hallways.
2. Spot Lights – spot lights are very modern, contemporary, and have become very popular over the last decade. The great thing about spot lights is that they don’t take up any space in the room but they offer maximum light.
3. Ceiling Fans – ceiling fans with lights are perfect for holiday homes and bedrooms. Although the UK isn’t known for its summers when it does get hot the bedroom can feel stuffy and uncomfortable. A ceiling fan not only looks great but offers the room light and cool air.
4. Floor Lamps – there is a choice of many different styles and designs with floor lamps, they look perfect in the corner of rooms such as in the living room or in the dining room.
5. Mirror Bathroom Lights – mirrored bathroom lights are the ultimate choice of bathroom lighting. They look fabulous and stylish and they save space by placing the lights around the mirror, perfect.
6. LED Lighting – LED lighting is becoming more and more popular because it’s environmentally friendly and it saves costs on bills.
7. Decorative Wall Lights – wall lights are a great way of creating a sense of depth to a room as it draws your eye to a different dimension on the wall. Perfect for living rooms and bedrooms.
8. Desk Lamps – lamps are great for adding a warm touch to your home especially in studies and on bedside tables.
9. Tiffany Lights – if your home has a traditional and country style about it then Tiffany lights are the right lights for you. Stylish, classic and gorgeous.
10. Pendant Ceiling lights – pendant ceiling lights are great because you can shop around for the perfect colour shade for your home and room. Be careful of the height of the light so the glare is not uncomfortable standing or sitting.